The Image-Based Biomedical Modeling (IBBM) summer course
was held July 13- 23 in Newpark, Park City (Utah).
The two-week course included the following activities:
- Didactic lecture sessions given by the three PIs as well as four invited instructors and experts in their fields .
- Laboratory exercises led by a group of 10 teaching assistants and developers.
- Discussion session time for student-instructor interaction.
- A visit to the experimental and computational laboratory facilities at the University of Utah, College of Engineering to give the participants an overview of the general academic background and research projects performed at the university.
- Mentoring lectures on grant writing, responsible conduct of research, and simulation study design.