The Image-Based Biomedical Modeling (IBBM) summer course
was held for the third time in 2016, from July 11-21, 2016 in Newpark Resort, Park City (Utah). The two-week course format included the following activities:
- Didactic lecture sessions given by the three PIs (Rob MacLeod, Ross Whitaker and Jeff Weiss) as well as three invited instructors (Miriah Meyer, Steve Maas and Gerard Ateshian) experts in their fields
- Laboratory exercises lead by a group of teaching assistants and developers,
- Discussion session time for student-instructor interaction,
- Visit to the experimental and computational laboratory facilities at the University of Utah, College of Engineering to give the participants an overview of the general academic background and research projects performed at the university,
- Four Keynotes Lectures from leaders in the field,
- Mentoring lectures on grant writing, responsible conduct of research, and simulation study design.