You can download FluoRender here
- Clustering algorithms. Three clustering algorithms for segmentation are added: expectation-maximization on Gaussian mixture, DBSCAN, and k-means. Users can use these methods in the "Component" window.
- Improved tracking algorithms. Tracking accuracy has been improved. We improved the algorithm for generating the track map and incorporated clustering algorithms to automatically segment during tracking. Users can also adjust a series of parameters in the "Tracking" window to fine tune the tracking.
- A new 4D script for tracking sparse particles. The 4D script allows users to track selected features in a time sequence. No initial segmentation is required for it to work. It can be used to track sparse and small features conveniently.
- A density setting for component generation. The density setting has been added in the basic component generation. Its concept is based on the clustering algorithm DBSCAN. However, its implementation is based on the synthetic brainbows algorithm, which uses GPU to compute segmentation of dense data sets.
- Render view output enlargement. The option has been added when the render view is captured and saved as an image. Users can set an output image size larger than the render view size.
- 4D script list. The list of built-in 4D scripts has been added to the "Record/Export" panel. Users can easily select and switch 4D scripts without browsing to the actual files.
The 2.20 release of FluoRender also fixed these issues:
- An issue that changed render view zoom factor when setting key frames.
- An issue of reading Prairie/Bruker xml formats, when the TIFF files were saved/processed by third-party tools.
- An issue that paint brush was not working properly on the latest AMD graphics cards.
- An issue that component generation failed on the latest AMD graphics cards.
- An issue that certain volume property settings became unavailable when switching between MIP and normal render modes.
- An issue that render view became blank or corrupted on Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Other minor issues of the user interface.