Ingo Wald's Homepage
Phone: (better use email right now...)
Fax: (better use email right now...)
Office:I'm not at the UofU any more, and thus don't have an office here any more
- Dec 2014
- We just gave our first public talks on our new "OSPRay" rendering engine for high-fidelity visualization.
Note: I am no longer with the University of
Utah. I have been a research assistant professor at SCI/the University
of Utah from 2005 through 2007, but in 2007 have moved on to join
Intel Labs' graphics research group.
I'm still living in Utah,
still have some contancts to the U, and still work (on and off) with
some of the people there; but I am no longer a full-time prof at
SCI/the U, and thus cannot advice/take on any students.
I also still maintain
this website from time to time, but far less regularly than I
- 2013: And back in the US again .... I'm now located in Austin, TX, still working on ray tracing -- in particular, I'm part of the “Embree” Ray Tracing Kernel Framework project.
- 2012: I am now back in Germany. Though still working for Intel Labs I am now located at the Intel Office at the Intel Visual Computing Institute in Saarbruecken.
- 2007: I left SCI to join Intel's graphics research team.
- Ray Tracing
- High-performance graphics and Visual Computing using architectures such as Intel Many-Integrated Core (MIC) / Intel Xeon Phi architectures.
- Programming Models and Compilers for High-Performance Computing
- Photorealistic Image Synthesis and Physically-correct Lighting Simulation
- Interactive Global Illumination
- Scientific Visualization and High-performance Computing
- Parallel and Distributed Computing (in particular on PC clusters and high-throughput computing platforms like Larrabee)
- Multiresolution methods (in particular for point-based and
- Interactive Visualization of Massively Complex (and potentially
time-varying) data sets)
- Hierarchical Index Structures and Efficient Traversal Algorithms
||Research Scientist, Intel Labs, Intel Corp
||Research Assistant Professor, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
||Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
||Research Associate (Post-Doc), Max Planck Institut Informatik in Saarbruecken
||PhD in Computer Science (Dr.-ing), Computer Graphics Group, Saarland University
||Research Assistant, Computer Graphics Group, Saarland University
||Diplom Informatik (Master of Computer Science equivalent), University of Kaiserslautern
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute (SCI)
About SCI |
SCI People |
SCI Coordinates |
This web page is maintained by
Document last modified on