Michael Steffen - Publications
- A.N.M. I. Chodhury, M. D. Steffen, J. E. Guilkey, S. G. Parker, "Enhanced Understanding of Particle Simulations Through Deformation-Based Visualization", Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 63 (2), pp. 117-136, 2010. [PDF]
- M. Steffen, R. M. Kirby, M. Berzins, "Decoupling
and Balancing of Space and Time Errors in the Material Point Method (MPM)",
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 82 (10), pp. 1207-1243, 2010.
- M. Steffen, P.C. Wallstedt, J.E. Guilkey, R.M. Kirby, and M. Berzins,
"Examination and Analysis of Implementation Choices
within the Material Point Method (MPM)", Computer Modeling in
Engineering & Sciences, 31 (2), pp. 107-127, 2008.
- M. Steffen, R. M. Kirby, M. Berzins, "Analysis
and Reduction of Quadrature Errors in the Material Point Method (MPM)",
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 76 (6),
pp. 922-948, 2008.
- M. Steffen, S. Curtis, R. M. Kirby, J. K. Ryan,
Smoothness-Increasing Accuracy-Conserving Filters for Improving Streamline
Integration Through Discontinuous Fields", IEEE Transactions on
Visualization and Computer Graphcs, 14 (3), pp. 680-692, 2008.
- R. Broadhurst, B. Shanahan, M. Steffen,
"We're Sorry, You Are Outside the Coverage Area",
The UMAP Journal, 21 (3), pp. 327-342, 2000.
- N. Hariharan, A. Wissink, M. Steffen, "Tip Vortex Field Resolution Using an Adaptive Dual-Mesh Computational Paradigm", 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2011-1108, Orlando, Florida, January 2011. [PDF]
- A. Stocker, B. Kendall, R. O'Connor, B. Stevenson, M. Steffen, B. Schaff,
"Real-Time Signature-Based Target Cueing and Change
Detection Processing for the WARHORSE HSI Sensor System",
Proceedings of MSS Sensing Symposium Specialty
Group on Passive Sensors, Tuscon, AZ, March 2004.
- W. Schaff, A. Copeland, M. Steffen, R. O'Connor, C. Simi, J. Zadnik,
E. Winter, G. Healey, "Real-Time Data Processor
For the COMPASS Hyperspectral Sensor System",
Proceedings of SPIE, 5159, pp. 1-13, 2003.
- M. Berzins, M. Steffen, "Space Time and Stability Errors in the Material Point Method", Proceedings of the 9th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Sydney, Australia, pp. 181, July 2010.
- D.H. Brooks, B. Erem, M. Steffen, J. Stinstra, and R.S. MacLeod, "An open-source extensible software toolkit for forward and inverse problems in electrocardiography", International Congress on Electrocardiology, 2010
- M. Steffen, "Analysis-Guided Improvements of the
Material Point Method (MPM)", Ph.D. Dissertation, School of Computing,
University of Utah, August 2009.
- M. Steffen, "Physics in Raytracing: A Thin Film Interference
Model", Honors Thesis, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR, April,
Last Updated: January 7, 2011