Instructor: Bei Wang Phillips (beiwang AT sci.utah.edu,
Ada Ebling (undergraduate)
Noah Harren (undergraduate)
Gang Liu (graduate)
Weiran (Nancy) Lyu (undergraduate)
Archit Rathore (graduate)
Dong (Don) Wang (graduate)
Lin Yan (graduate)
Session 1: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 10:45 AM - 12:05 PM, WEB L104
Discussion Sessions: Administered by the TAs.
The discussion sections should be attended. They will help you master the material and complete homework assignments.
- Session 4: Friday, 09:40 AM - 10:30 AM, WEB L110 (Gang, Archit)
- Session 2: Friday, 10:45 AM - 11:35 AM, WEB L101 (Gang, Ada)
- Session 3: Friday, 11:50 AM - 12:40 PM, WEB L112 (Lin, Noah)
- Session 5: Friday, 12:55 PM - 01:45 PM, WEB L114 (Nancy, Noah)
- Session 6: Friday, 02:00 PM - 02:50 PM, WEB L114 (Ada, Don)
Instructor Office Hours:
Prof. Bei Wang Phillips: Tuesdays 12:05 pm - 1:05 pm, Thursdays 9:30 am - 10:25 am, WEB 4608; or by appointment via Piazza.
TA office hours (end April 21, 2020): MEB 3105; or by appointment via Piazza.
- Monday: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Nancy), 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM (Don)
- Tuesday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Gang), 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM (Lin)
- Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Archit), 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Noah)
- Thursday: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Archit), 2:00 - 3:00 PM (Gang), 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Ada)
- Friday: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Don)
Course Catalog Description: Introduction to propositional logic, predicate logic, formal logical arguments, finite sets, functions, relations, inductive proofs, recurrence relations, graphs, and their applications to Computer Science.
Prerequisites: CS 1410 and MATH 1210 (Calculus I)
Discrete Mathematics: Mathematical Reasoning and Proof with Puzzles, Patterns,
and Games by Douglas E. Ensley and J. Winston Crawley
The University of Utah seeks to provide equal access to its
programs, services and activities for people with disabilities.
you will need accommodations in the class, reasonable prior notice
to be given to the Center for Disability Services, 162 Olpin Union
581-5020 (V/TDD). CDS will work with you and the instructor to
arrangements for accommodations.
All written information in this course can be made available in
format with prior notification to the Center for Disability Services.