Manish received a BE degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from Bombay University, India, and MS and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Engineering from Syracuse University.
- Office Director, Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure National Science Foundation
- Professor, School of Computing, The University of Utah
- Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Visiting Professor, Faculty of Business, Computing & Law, University of Derby, UK
- Founding Chair, IEEE Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC)
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering, Parallel & Distributed Computing (HPC, Cloud and Grid Computing)
- Extreme-scale Computing and Data Management, Autonomic Computing
Manish Parashar Director of the Scientific Computing and Imaging (SCI) Institute, Chair in Computational Science and Engineering, and Professor, School of Computing at the University of Utah. He is currently on an IPA appointment at the National Science Foundation where he is serving as Office Director of the NSF Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure. His research interests are in the broad areas of Parallel and Distributed Computing and Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering and has published extensively in these areas. He has also deployed software systems that are widely used. Manish is the founding chair of the IEEE Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC), Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems and serves on the editorial boards and organizing committees of a number of journals and international conferences and workshops. He has received a number of awards for his research and leadership, and is Fellow of AAAS, ACM, and IEEE/IEEE Computer Society. For more information, please visit http://manishparashar.org.