11 am to 2 pm
University of Utah
Warnock Engineering Building, Catmull Gallary
72 So. Central Campus Dr.
The first UDCC open house will bring together our consortium partners and engineering students to a single venue. Partners interested in sponsoring student internships through the new Data Center Engineering Certificate will be present for questions, and students will have the opportunity to hear from and engage with some of our nation's leading experts in the field. You can visit our website or email us for more information.
|11:00 am||Soft Opening|
|11:30 - 12:30||Pizza and introduction by Dean Richard Brown (College of Engineering)
Keynotes: Pete Ashdown (Xmission),
Grant Richard (Goldman Sachs)
|12:30 - 1:00||Panel Discussion: Brandon Johnson (Goldman Sachs), Grant Sperry (Xmission), Steve Corbato (University of Utah), Valerio Pascucci (CEDMAV), and Steven Boyce (C7)|
|1:30 - 2:00||Booth visits|
- Understand and address the issues that affect the data center industryfs health and prosperity in Utah.
- Share data center operational and technical concepts, technologies, and methodologies.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of formal data center education and training programs within the state.
- Network with fellow data center professionals, leaders in government, industry and academia.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to state officials responsible for industrial and commercial growth and expansion in Utah.