ImageVis3D 3.0.0 is a major release, with a large set of new features. Changes since 2.1.1 include:
- New Grid Leaper renderer.
- New basic settings dialogs. Optional automated adjustment of ImageVis3D's settings.
- It's now more apparent when multiple color channels overlap in the 1D transfer function.
- Sped up initial conversion of datasets by 100%.
- Added limited support for MRC files.
Bugs fixed in this release
- Fixed division by zero error for very small brick sizes.
- Will now ask to rebrick if the maximum brick size setting is below the builder size used to generate the dataset.
- Tag render mode now correctly transfers state between cloned views.
- Fixed various rendering artifacts related to coordinate axes.
Changes which are only of interest to developers
- The old scripting engine has been removed. It will be replaced with Lua-based scripting engine in next release.
- Most of the Tuvok API has been privatized. Access is now strictly through Lua.
- Added OpenMP support.
Known issues with this release
- There is a known issue converting color data in a single TIFF file.
- The 'Stack' ("stk"), single-file TIFF volume, and Fraunhofer EZRT ("rek") file formats can only be read, not written.
- The 'Brick Of Values' (BOV) reader does not support BOVs in which the data are split across multiple files.
- RGB[A] are the only kinds of multicomponent data supported.
- NVIDIA GPUs on Linux expose a driver issue which can hang the system for prolonged periods of time. To workaround this issue, we recommend sticking with the slice based volume renderer on Linux for this release.
- Full-color data sets do not display a proper histogram in the transfer function editors.
- In any mode but MIP, the 'Recorder' always uses the highest resolution data, regardless of any other settings.
- In the "Disable LOD" mode of MIP Recordings, progress information is not given. Progress is being made; a visibly-correct rendering is not required to create an on-disk image which is visibly correct.
- Using clear view in a cloned window with render mode cloned, but view transformations not cloned, results in instability.
- Crash when removing a mesh from the middle of the components list in Dataset Explorer.
the 'developer builds' site:
the 'sci' PPA on Launchpad (Linux only):
or you can get the source directly from our subversion repository, using the 'svn' command:
svn co https://gforge.sci.utah.edu/svn/imagevis3dor any other subversion client.
We look forward to your feedback! Like us on facebook:
comment on our wall, or talk to us on this mailing list!
- The ImageVis3D team.